Position name: Knowledge Management Officer, BDEV3
Position N°: 50102222/ 50102223
Book date: 02-Jul-2020
Closing date: 01-Aug-2020
Duty section: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION:
Organization, advertising financial development and social progress over the continent. You will find 81 user states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member nations). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the economic and tech support team for transformative tasks that may considerably reduce poverty through comprehensive and sustainable financial development. To be able to sharply concentrate the goals associated with the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and guarantee greater impact that is developmental five major areas (High 5s), tending to speed up our distribution for Africa, were identified for scaling up, particularly illuminate and energy Africa; Feed Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and increase the well being for individuals of Africa.
The Board of Directors provides oversight and direction that is strategic the African developing Bank Group. It’s consists of Executive Directors who will be representatives of this African developing Bank user nations. Especially the Board is in charge of the conduct for the basic operations associated with the Bank, and carries down the next functions: (1) determine the typical framework for the Bank’s solutions; (2) accept the financing policy and take choices concerning loans, guarantees, equity opportunities and investment loans by the lender; (3) determine the attention rates of loans and guarantee commissions; (4) approve the Bank’s operations system and administrative budget; (5) prepare the task associated with Board of Governors; and (6) submit reports and yearly reports, along with the administrative spending plans when it comes to approval associated with Board of Governors. The Board does its function with a few permanent Committees that review and discuss policy and system documents and also make appropriate guidelines towards the entire Board. The Independent Development Evaluation (BDEV); Compliance Review and Mediation product (BCRM); Secretariat into the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR) are accountable to the Board.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The overarching objective associated with African Development Bank’s Independent developing Evaluation (BDEV) will be improve the development effectiveness of this Bank in its local user nations through separate and influential evaluations, oversight over self-evaluation procedures and items, and engagement that is proactive assessment partnerships and knowledge-sharing tasks. The core mandate of BDEV is always to conduct evaluation that is independent, offer appropriate lessons, develop and harmonize criteria and techniques, help assessment capacity development as well as partner agencies and attest into the legitimacy of both procedures and also the results of African Development Bank’s self-evaluation tasks. BDEV additionally collaborates and exchanges information with bilateral and development that is multilateral’ evaluation departments, and undertakes joint evaluation of co-financed jobs and programs.
BDEV has three divisions; BDEV1, BDEV2 and BDEV3. BDEV1 and BDEV2 divisions give attention to undertaking evaluations. BDEV3, the ability Management, Outreach, and ability developing Division, accounts for knowledge management, dissemination and outreach tasks around IDEV evaluations, as well as for giving support to the growth of evaluation capabilities in both the financial institution plus in its Regional Member Countries.
The primary goal of this Knowledge Management Officer place is always to provide support to assessment groups in fostering engagement with stakeholders through the assessment procedure, as well as on retrieving, compiling and presenting evaluative knowledge in methods which can be helpful for fulfilling different knowledge requirements.
Duties and duties
Under the guidance and guidance of this Division Manager BDEV3 the Evaluation Officer will:
- Work closely utilizing the Principal Knowledge Management Officer, Senior Knowledge Management Officer and evaluation groups in the utilization of IDEV stakeholder engagement methods;
- Work closely with assessment task supervisors and groups through the assessment procedure to aid the retrieval, compilation and sharing of real information in manners being tuned in to consumers’ needs;
- Identify relevant resources of assessment knowledge as well as other information and extract, compile, analyse and present this to be used within the planning of assessment reports, presentations, as well as other knowledge and interaction items;
- Help assessment, knowledge administration and dissemination tasks (such as for instance conferences, missions, occasions) carried out by expert staff and/or professionals and participates in these tasks as needed;
- Identify and contact interior and sources being outside other stakeholders to get needed information;
- Consolidate, categorize and keep back ground information and documents on appropriate problems, developing associated databases and information systems and upgrading them properly;
- Make sure that an exact review path is maintained of most stakeholder engagement and that all contacts and tasks are recorded in a stakeholder database;
- Perform other duties as may arise.
- Holds at the least a Master’s level (or equivalent) in Communications, Public Relations, advertising, Social Sciences, Policy research, or associated field.
- No less than four (4) years’ experience working in development companies.
- Comprehension of assessment procedures
- Capacity to recover, package and present information according to your requirements of this client/audience
- Power to communicate efficiently orally as well as in writing
- Experience or knowledge employed in knowledge administration or interaction
- Experience with participatory approaches and stakeholder engagement
- Experience with outreach tasks.
- Strong customer orientation. payday loans HI
- Focus on detail.
- Demonstrable capacity to work collaboratively as a specialist, strong group player by having a respect for other individuals additionally the ethical needs associated with task.
- Capacity to communicate effortlessly (written and dental) in English or French, preferably by having a working familiarity with the other. Proficiency in both English and French will be desirable.
- Competence within the usage of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, succeed, Access and Power aim); familiarity with integrated document management system and/or online interaction networks is an advantage that is added.